How to clean and sterilise your pump
all parts, then wash all parts in the dishwasher or in soapy water and
rinse. Sterilise in an AVENT steam steriliser (electric or microwave),
or by boiling for 10 minutes or in a chemical sterilising solution.
How to re-assemble your pump before use
After cleaning and sterilising your pump as in section 4:
Wash your hands thoroughly. Place the silicone diaphragm and stem (c)
into the pump body (f). Make sure it fits securely round the rim by pressing
down with your fingers to ensure a perfect seal. This is easier if assembled
2. Push the white valve* (g)
into the pump body (f) from underneath making sure the flat side of the
valve is downwards.
3. Place bottle adapter (i) onto neck of bottle (j) Put locking
ring (h) over bottle adaptor and screw securely onto bottle.
4. Insert the pump body (f) into the bottle adapter (i) and twist
gently clockwise until it 'clicks'
in place. WARNING - do not overtighten!
5. Place the forked end of the handle (d) under the diaphragm stem
(c) and push down gently on the handle until it clicks into place.
6. Click the pump cover (b) onto the pump body (f). Carefully place
the silicone petal massager (a) into the pump funnel (e) making sure it
is perfectly sealed all round the rim of the funnel. This is easier if
assembled whilst wet. To make the pump completely stable put the bottle
into the cover/stand (k).